Welcome back to school!
Welcome back to another year of orchestra! I am so excited to begin the year. This year in orchestra we will have many great performance opportunities and experiences. It is going to be a great year!
Rental Process for School-Owned Instruments
1. School-Owned instruments are given out on a first come, first served basis. Please send me an email if you wish to rent from the school.
Students are responsible for their own instrument, including school owned instruments. Any damage incurred to the instrument throughout the year will be repaired/fixed at the student’s expense. Each student and parent/guardian will need to fill out a rental form. Instruments from school are free to rent, however there is a one-time $20 fee and you must purchase 1 string set prior to renting. String sets run between $14-$45 depending on the brand and instrument.
I suggest either D’Addario’s Prelude String set, or Red Label’s Super Sensitive String set:
Alternate Options for Instrument Rental
I highly recommend you RENT, not buy, from a violin/instrument shop I do not recommend ebay or Amazon. Instruments from these vendors are usually very poor quality.
2. Recommended shops to rent from:
Music & Arts—will be available at the Instrumental Music Parent Info Night (9/12/19)
*John Montgomery Violins—sells all instruments
If you wish to order online, please consider using one of these vendors:
Required Materials: To be brought EVERY class period
Please put your student’s name on EVERYTHING!
- Instrument (Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass) and case
- Should rest for violin/viola. A kitchen sponge (clean), or foam pad will suffice. I will provide one foam pad for each student at the beginning of the year, if needed.
- Cleaning cloth: can be an old baby cloth, cloth diaper, soft cloth, old cotton t-shirt, etc.
- Cello/Bass only: Endpin anchor
- 2-3 Pencils in music binder
- 3-ring binder
Download the Materials Form here